All scans can be fully configured through the scan profile XML file, this file is found in the Profiles directory.
The profile allows you to configure general settings, like HTTP request settings and also to configure the operation of the four main components, that are: Crawler, Discoverer, Fingerprinter and Vulnerability Scanner.
Vulnerability Scanner AddOn settingsThe only configuration that is not present inside the Profile is the one related to the vulnerability scanner AddOn. Each AddOn stores its properties inside a custom XML file. These files can be found in the directory:
Data > AddOnStorage > <AddOn name> > <Settings name>.xml
This file contains various properties. The one that are useful for the user in order to modify the Scan settings are:
- Name: the name of the property
- Value: the value of the property. Its format depends on the type
- Create a new scan
- Scan configuration
- Configure an HTTP web proxy
- Configure HTTP authentication
- Configuring vulnerability scanner AddOn
- Stop/Pause/Restart/Debug the running scan
- Taipan telemetry system
Consultant and Pro Editions